Weekend-special recipe is here.. This recipe is very common in India households but I'm going to present it in new avatar, so get ready for it.. It's authentic and modern, easy and quick, simple and delicious. Let's make awesome recipe this weekend real fast and enjoy the weekend.
1 bowl Whole wheat flour Puri dough
3-4 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
Oil for deep-frying + for greasing
* Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let mustard seeds splutter. Add green chillies and turmeric powder and sauté for 30 seconds.
* Add potatoes, mix and cook for 1 minute. Add salt and lemon juice and mix. Add chopped coriander and mix well. Remove from heat and cool.
* Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
* Divide the dough into equal portions and shape them into balls.
* Place each ball and roll out to make a puri.
* Divide the potato mixture into equal portions and put a portion of potato mixture in the centre of each puri and fold like spring rolls.
* Deep-fry each spring roll in hot oil till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
* Serve hot.