And today, I am back with another green soybean recipe. It’s also very easy and clever recipe, so get ready for a flavorsome recipe. "Green soybeans Sabji”!!!!
This is it… The name says everything about the recipe and in this recipe you don’t need too many ingredients too. You can just make is perfect and delicious at very first attempt. Obviously, you have to follow the recipe step by step.
Desi recipes are my all time favorite. Since, I like to play with Indian cuisines the most. I tried this recipe totally inspired by Gujarati Dish, called “Undhiyu” and believe me it comes out even more delicious by using this Green Soybeans. Soybeans are full of protein and healthy. And If you guys are really not using these green soybeans more often then try this recipe, I bet you would start staking these Green Soybeans in your fridge for sure. I used Frozen soybeans, usually I am not much into frozen vegetables but I kind of really love with these soybeans. They comes so green and really cooks faster. I used frozen once but if you hold of the fresh green soybeans, always great!!!So let’s get started for this easy and good recipe,,,
2 tbls Oil
1 tbls Ghee
¼ tbls Ajwayan(carom) Seeds
½ tbls Mustard seeds
A pinch of Asafetida
¼ tsp Turmeric powder
2 Tomatoes(roughly diced)
1 1/3 cup Green Soybean
1 bowl Mixed Potatoes and Eggplants(roughly diced)
1 tsp Garlic paste
1 tsp Ginger paste
1 tsp Green chili paste
¼ cup shredded coconut
1 tsp Red chili powder
½ tsp Paprika powder
½ tsp Garam masala
1 tsp Sugar(prefer brown sugar)
1 tbls Lemon juice
Salt to taste
Water as needed
Chopped cilantro for garnish.
· Heat the pan and add oil and ghee.
· Add mustard seeds and ajwayan seeds.
· Add asafetida and turmeric powder.
· Add tomatoes and cook for couple of minutes.
· Add green chili paste, garlic paste and ginger paste and sauté on low flame.
· Add green soybeans and diced potatoes and eggplants.
· Add red chili powder, paprika powder and garam masala.
· Add shredded coconut.
· Add ½ cup of water and salt as taste.
· Cover the pan and let it cook for a while.
· Stir in between and add water if needed. Add sugar and lemon juice once sabji is almost done.
· Turn off the stove and garnish with chopped cilantro.It’s as easy as this and the taste is awesome.You can serve this Green Soybeans Sabji with Roti, Phulka and Paraths.
NO ONE IS BORN A GREAT COOK, ONE LEARNS BY DOING.-Julia Child
I am ending this, with these inspired words. Take care till next time. and don't forget to stay connected with Good Food Good Mood.:)