As other hero of this Vada, Chana dal(split chickpeas)are also nutrient dense food. We as an Indians, use this chana dal (split chickpeas) in so many different dishes. Chana Dal (Split Chickpeas) has now become a regular staple of our household. This split chickpeas are very healthy too. Full of protein and fiber. And combination of these two amazing healthy ingredient, I tried to make some Vada. hope you all would love to try my this super easy and healthy recipe.To start with this recipe using beetroot that paint your plate red for sure!:)
* 1 large Beetroot
* 1 cup Chana dal
* 3/4 cup Chopped Onion
* Hand full of Baby Spinach Leaves
* 1tbls Ginger-Garlic paste
* 3 Dry Red whole Chilies
* 1 tsp Fennel seeds(sauf)
* 3-4 Rice flour
* 8-10 Curry leaves
* 1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro
* Salt to taste
* Oil for frying
* Soak chana dal at least for 4-5 hours.
* Drain the water.
* Grind chana dal in food processor with ginger-garlic paste, baby spinach leaves, dry whole red chilies, fennel seeds with curry leaves.* Grind with 2-3 tbls water to coarse mixture.
* Transfer into big mixing bowl.
* Boiled the beetroot.
* Grate the beetroot.
* Mix the grated beetroot into chana dal mixture.
* Add chopped onions.
* Add salt.
* Add rice flour.
* Add chopped cilantro.
* Mix mixture very well.* Divide the beetroot mixture into equal portions and give round shapes with help of your palm.* Heat the frying oil.
* Deep fry vadas in oil.
* Fry them till crisp.* Serve them hot.
* Serve with your favorite chutney or any sauce.
Till next recipe.., happy cooking, happy eating and do not forget to drop your thoughts and suggestions with me, because that is where the real inspiration comes from..!!!!