Hello again..!! Today’s Special is Beetroot Green Dal-Fry Tadka.. Sounds interesting..Hummmm? Yes, this is very interesting and delicious and a healthy recipe!
Dals are very common is Indian food. Every family in India has their own style and varieties of delicious Dal recipes. And dal tadka is one of them. Tadka means tempering. Cook the dal, and just temper it right before serving is called, “Dal-Fry Tadka.” The smoky burnt aroma of tadka with spices and garlic makes dal heavenly delicious.
Under this recipe I used, Yellow skinless moong dal which is very easy to digest and easy to cook too. Also I used the beetroot’s leaves and stems which are highly rich in protein and full of vitamin A & K.
1 cup moog dal(yellow)soaked
1 ½ tbls oil
¼ tsp asafetida(hing)
4 cups chopped beetroot leaves and stems
½ tsp cumin seeds
1 tbls green chili paste
1 tbls ginger paste
1 tbls garlic paste
½ tsp garam masala
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 ½ tbls lemon juice
2 tbls chopped cilantro
Salt as taste.
3 tbls oil
½ tbls ghee
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 whole red dry chilis
1 ½ tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp paprika powder
* Heat the oil in pressure cooker.
* Add asafetida, cumin seeds and cook for few seconds.
* Add chopped beetroot leaves and stems.
* Add green chili paste, garlic paste, ginger paste and stir well.
* Add turmeric powder, mix well and cook.
* Stir in the soaked moog dal with about ¾ cup water and mix with beetroot leaves and stems.
* Add garam masala and salt.
* Cook for about 2 whistles.
* Turn off stove and let pressure cooker cool down.
* Add lemon juice and little water.
* Mix well.
*Transfer into serving bowl.
· Heat the oil & ghee in small pan.
· Add cumin seeds, seeds should get fried properly.
· Add dry whole red chilis.
· Add finely chopped garlic, let the garlic light brown.
· red chili powder and paprika powder.
Pour the Tadka on dal and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Trust me, this Beetroot green dal-fry tadka is something unique and easy and of course has authentic(ha!) taste.
Thank you for stopping by and stay tune for next exotic recipe. Goodbye till next time. J